Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (BST)
WEEK 2 – PERFORMING THE FOLLOWING BASIC MOVEMENTS – STRETCHING, BENDING AND TWISTING
WEEK 3 – PERFORMING THE FOLLOWING BASIC MOVEMENTS – SWINGING, PULLING AND PUSHING
THEME: FUNDAMENTAL MOVEMENTS AND RHYTHMIC ACTIVITIES
PREVIOUS LESSON – LOCOMOTIVE MOVEMENTS
TOPIC: NON LOCOMOTIVE MOVEMENTS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to –
- list any five non locomotor movement;
- state how to perform each of the non locomotor activities;
- perform non locomotor movements
Basic Locomotive Movements
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Mats, swings, rope.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course books
- All relevant Materials
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTION – NON LOCOMOTIVE MOVEMENTS
Non locomotive movements are also sometimes called axial movements.
Non locomotive Movements are movements of certain body parts or the whole body, without changing your position. For example, swinging your arms back and forth.
Notice that non locomotive movements are often combined with locomotor movements, such as walking and swinging your arms.
There are many different non locomotive movements:
Demonstrate some of each of the non locomotor movements.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains the activities;
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation.
- Demonstrates the activities;
- Pupil’s Activities – Practice the activities in groups and individually.
- Supervises the pupils practices.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Non Locomotive Movements (continuation)
Pupils to –
1. Explain the term, ‘non locomotive movements’.
List any 5 non locomotive activities.
Perform any 4 non locomotive activities mentioned above.