Last Updated on July 20, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
WEEK 4- MEANING AND BASIC SKILLS OF LONG JUMP
WEEK 5 – DEMONSTRATION OF LONG JUMP BASIC SKILLS
WEEK 6 – GROUPS COMPETITION ON LONG JUMP
THEME – FIELD EVENTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – DEMONSTRATION OF RHYTHMIC ACTIVITIES
TOPIC – BASIC SKILLS IN LONG JUMP (THE RUNNING UP, TAKE OFF AND THE FLIGHT
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to –
1. mention basic skills of long jump;
2. perform the skills in long jump.
Running and Jumping
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
take off board
long jump pit
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Long jump is a track and field event in which athletes combine speed, strength and agility in an attempt to leap as far as possible from a take off point.
The long jump can be broken down into three (or four) phases. The approach (running up), take off, flight and landing.
DEMONSTRATION OF THE BASIC SKILLS
1. The approach run or run up
2. The take off
3. The flight
4. The landing
5. The recovery – This the time required for the repair of damage to the body caused by training or competition.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the skills involved in long jump;
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to teacher’s explanations.
3. Demonstrates the skills in long jump;
Pupil’s Activities – Watch and practice the skills.
4. Supervises and corrects demonstration by pupils.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
Mention 5 skills in long jump.
Perform the following skills mentioned above.