Last Updated on July 22, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – PERSONAL, SCHOOL AND COMMUNITY HEALTH
PREVIOUS LESSON – MEANING OF SCHOOL HEALTH PROGRAMME
TOPIC – IMPORTANCE OF SCHOOL HEALTH PROGRAMME
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to –
state the importance of the programme to school life.
First Aid and Safety Education,
Personal, School and Community Health,
Pathogens, Diseases and their prevention.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Mid-day meals timetable
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – Compendium Physical and Health Education for basic 5.
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
The School Health programme was designed to ensure that the pupils are as healthy as possible and to obtain the maximum benefit from his/her education with the learning environment safe and conducive for learning.
IMPORTANCE OF SCHOOL HEALTH PROGRAMME
1. It promotes good health.
2. It prevents the spread of diseases.
3. It reduces truancy.
4. It promotes good performance.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning of school health;
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to teacher’s explanations.
3. Discusses the importance of School Health Programme;
Participate in the discussion on School Health Programme and its importance.
4. Writes the summary of the discussion on the chalkboard.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Describe school health programme.
State 4 importance of School Health Programme.