Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – GENDER DISCRIMINATION AND ITS CONSEQUENCES (PRIMARY 6)
TOPIC: CONFLICT AND COOPERATION
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. Give simple meaning of conflict and cooperation;
2. Discuss the importance of cooperation.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Relevant posters and pictures.
2. Videos on conflict resolution and meetings and efforts.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Conflict is disagreement among a group or groups of people over any matter.
REASONS FOR GROUP CONFLICT
1. Lack of understanding each other’s language.
2. Lack of unity among members of a religion.
3. Ignorance of the customs of other people.
4. Level of education.
6.bLack of free and fair election.
HOW GROUP PROBLEMS CAN BE RESOLVED?
2. Understanding each other e.g. religious differences
3. Honesty and sincerity
4. Understanding each other language
CONCEPT OF COOPERATION
Cooperation is agreement or understanding among a group or groups of people.
IMPORTANCE OF COOPERATION:
1. It promotes unity,
2. It promotes peace,
3. It promotes love and progress,
4. It promotes understanding, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Uses guided discussion to explain the concepts of conflict and cooperation;
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the guided discussion on the concepts of conflict and cooperation.
3. Asks pupils to cite instances of group conflicts in their societies.
Pupil’s Activities – Cite instances of groups conflicts in their societies.
4. Highlights the importance of cooperation;
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the guided discussion on the importance of cooperation.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Define conflict and cooperation;
2. Mention 2 importance of cooperation.