Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – DRUG EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning and Examples of Civil Society Groups in Nigeria (Primary 6)
TOPIC: CIVIL SOCIETY GROUPS
1. Functions of Civil Society
2. Problems of Civil Society
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to:
1. State the functions;
2. Problems of civil society groups in Nigeria.
The pupils are required to already have learnt in basic 6, meaning of Civil Society Groups
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Course book/materials
3. Newspapers cutting
4. Video clips.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Civic Education Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Civil Society Groups are social organizations which are formed to promote the interests and values of the common citizens.
FUNCTION OF CIVIL SOCIETY GROUPS IN NIGERIA
1. Promote consumer rights.
2. Promote healthy life-style and practices among members.
3. Represent alternative views.
4. Check government excess.
5. Facilities the democratic.
6. Protects human rights.
LESSON TWO – PROBLEMS OF CIVIL SOCIETY GROUPS IN NIGERIA
1. Areas of organization
2. Possibility of influencing the state
3. New space for dialogue
4. Protest movement
5. Nature of relation
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT – OBJECTIVES QUESTIONS
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson – Government Institution in Nigeria. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Assists pupils to discuss the functions and problems of civil society groups;
Pupils’ Activities – participate in the discussion and answer relevant questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson
1. explain three functions;
2. problems of civil society groups in Nigeria.