Last Updated on August 27, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
WEEK 1 – MEANING AND IDENTIFICATION OF STILL LIFE OBJECTS
WEEK 2 – DRAWING STILL LIFE OBJECTS
THEME – ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – THIRD TERM EXAMINATION
TOPIC: Still Life Drawing
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Still Life Drawing
3. Drawing of Still Life Drawing
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to –
1. state the meaning of still life;
2. identify still life;
3. draw still life.
Draw and Colour
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Still life object
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Asks pupils to differentiate between living and non living things with appropriate examples.
Initiate drawing activities that enable the pupils have an idea of what they are drawing and describe as STILL LIVE DRAWING.
MEANING OF STILL DRAWING
Still life drawing is the drawing of non-living things or objects.
For examples, drawing of –
Still life drawing is also include painting to create meaning or a visual effect.
WEEK 2 – LESSON TWO – STILL LIFE DRAWING
STILL LIFE OBJECTS
4. Cup, etc.
Draw Still Objects
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning of still life;
Pupil’s activities – State the meaning of still life.
3. Names still life objects;
Pupil’s Activities – Name still objects.
4. Arranges still life objects and asks pupils to draw;
Pupil’s Activities – Draw still life object.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Define still life objects.
Name 3 still life objects.
5. Draw still life object and color – HOUSE.
6. Display drawing.