Last Updated on December 9, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
CLASS – PRIMARY 6 (BASIC 6)
INSTRUCTION: Answer all the questions.
Answer the questions in this section.
Choose the correct answer from the options.
1. A man who serves food in the restaurant is called ……………………
2. Underline the word that sound like DEER
3. Which word can be formed from rearranging the letter BATTLE
4. Success and happiness ; Failure and ……………………..
5. Activity of counting of people in a country is called ………………….
6. Opposite of wide is ……………………………
7. Which word similar in meaning to this word surplus?
8. Re – arrange these words alphabetical order
[a] 1, 2, 3, 4
[b] 4, 3, 2, 1
[c] 1, 3, 4, 2
Choose the correct letter from the options to end the first word and then begin the second word;
9. M u s e u ( __ ) a r r i a g e
10. E n c o r a g ( __ ) l e p h a n t
11. Room and bed; Library and _____________.
12. Danger, endanger; Circle , encircle; Feeble, _____________.
Read the following sentences carefully and decided how true they are circle in 13 – 15.
A. If a sentence is always true;
B. lf a sentence is often but not always true
C. lf a sentence is never true
D. lf it is impossible to say. How true a sentence is.
13. There are seven days in a week.
14. In a war red stands for peace while white stands for danger.
15. People with big head are selfish.
Answer all the questions in this section.
1. C O N G L O M E R A T E = A C D E G C R Y P N Z Y
a. G N Z Y means __________________
b. R Y D Z C P means __________________
c. A C D E C means __________________
d. E N R Y means __________________
e. R A T E means __________________
2. Read the following sentences carefully and decide which should come first, second and third, Circle the correct option.
i. It keeps you healthy
ii. If you are good at it, you can take in competitions
iii. Swimming is very good for you
Sample = 321
i. While I was going to the market
ii . I helped him to cross the road
iii. I saw an old man
i. They all played afterwards
ii. Saturday was a very busy morning
iii. The children washed their clothes and plates =
i. Peculiar came late to school
ii. Mr Effiong punished peculiar
iii. Mr Effiong was angry with peculiar =
3. Re arrange these words in alphabetical order
a. Potter Pressure Pastor Put
b. Pray Propose Predict Primary
c. Announce Account Apology Aunty
d. Daikon Daily Dainty Daisy
4. Complete these similes.
a. As fierce as _______________
b. As light as ________________
c. As green as ________________
d. As meek as ________________
5. Give the group name of each of the following:
a. Lagos Sokoto Kaduna Enugu ___________________
b. Pen Eraser Book Ink ___________________
c. Stool Chair Desk Table ____________________
d. Teaching Banking Nursing Engineering _____________________