Last Updated on August 26, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – MICROSOFT WORD
PREVIOUS LESSON – WORD PROCESSING ENVIRONMENT
TOPIC: TYPES OF TOOLBARS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
identify and use the types of toolbar –
- underline and italicize text
- font type, size and colour.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
a functional computer system.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Computer Studies for Primary School Book 6
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – TOOLBARS
Toolbars are located just below the Menu bar.
The are two types of toolbars –
Toolbars give shortcuts to menu commands.
TYPES OF TOOLBARS
The Standard Toolbar gives the user access to file operations, printing, movement of data blocks, cut, copy, paste, the undo and redo system, and to some of the powerful tools like the function creator and the graphing system.
The Formating Toolbar gives the user access to the Font size, Bold, Italic, Underline, Left justify, Center, Right justify, and so on.
The ruler is found below the main toolbars and used to change the format of the document.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to identify and use the types of toolbar – bold, underline and italicize text, font type, size and colour;
Pupil’s Activities – identify and use the types of toolbar – bold, underline and italicize text, font type, size and colour.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – retrieve and edit saved documents.
identify and use the types of toolbar – bold, underline and italicize text, font type, size and colour.