Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (BST)
THEME: PERSONAL SCHOOL AND COMMUNITY HEALTH
PREVIOUS LESSON – FIRST TERM EXAMINATION LINKS FOR PRIMARY SCHOOLS
TOPIC: COMMUNITY HEALTH
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to:
- list health services in the community.
- enumerate examples of community efforts in the health promotion.
The pupils are required to already have learned to uses of aids materials.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of posters, charts, newspapers/magazines and video clips.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF COMMUNITY HEALTH
Community health is the efforts made by the community to have healthy community.
HEALTH SERVICES IN THE COMMUNITY
It is the modern way of treating people when they are ill.
It is the old method of treating or preventing sickness.
IMPORTANCE OF COMMUNITY EFFORTS IN HEALTH PROMOTION
1. It improves the health of the community.
2. It reduces death rate.
3. The number of work increase.
4. Production will increase.
5. Things are done in the right way.
6. Everyone takes responsibility.
7. It saves money.
8. Services can be provided at lower costs.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to list kinds of health services in the community.
Pupil’s Activities – participate in class discussion.
3. Leads discussion on the importance of community efforts in health promotion.
Pupil’s Activities – ask questions.
4. Writes summary of discussion on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – write notes.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – Community, mobilization and ways of safe Guiding the effort made.
1. explain what is community health.
2. mention the 2 kinds of health services in a community.
3. list 5 importance of community efforts for health promotion.