Last Updated on July 22, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
PREVIOUS LESSON – FIRST TERM EXAMINATION LINKS FOR PRIMARY SCHOOLS
TOPIC: MODELLING (CLAY) OR PLASTICIZE
1. Meaning of Clay
2. Source of Clay
3. Uses of Clay
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. explain the meaning of clay.
2. state the source of clay.
3. state the uses of clay.
The pupils are required to already have learned clay soil.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
3. Digging tools
4. Paint brush
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF CLAY
Clay is a piece of rocks that is soft when it is wet and hard when it is dry. Clay is the finest grained of rock that can be shaped and baked for moulding a pot and brick.
SOURCE OF CLAY
Clay are source:
1. from bases or rocks,
2. near a river,
3. deep in the ground.
USES OF CLAY
Clay is used for the following:
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to discuss the meaning of clay.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain the meaning of clay.
3. Lists sources of clay.
Pupil’s Activities – State sources of clay.
4. Demonstrates the process of using clay to produces objects.
Pupil’s Activities – Prepare day for production and produce objects found in their environment using clay.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain what clay is.
2. give sources of clay.
3. produce objects found in the environment using clay.