Last Updated on July 22, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
PREVIOUS LESSON – TRIBES WITH THEIR CULTURE (PRIMARY 5)
TOPIC: INCULCATING VALUES INTO CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. suggest ways of improving values in society.
2. state hard work, precision and honesty can inculcate values into the society.
The pupils are required to already have learned culture II.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Picture showing pupils sitting in class and studying instead of loitering about.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Cultural and Creative Arts is an integration of Music, Arts, Drama and Dance in which a student is expected to grow into and with the cultural heritage of his people.
INCULCATING VALUES INTO SOCIETY
The purpose of inculcating values into society is to make the society a better place. Values are respect , creativity, improvisation, precision, responsibility, resilience, integrity, care and harmony, and is encouraged to live by these values in actions.
The positive values are Honesty, Compassion, Integrity, Forgiveness, Love, Knowledge, Discipline, Faith, and Leadership.
The negative values like prejudice, hatred, greed, selfishness, and others.
CHARACTERISTICS OF VALUES
6. Hard work
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses and explains how to inculcate values.
Pupil’s Activities – Contribute to discussion.
3. Discusses the characteristics of honesty, hard work and improvisation.
Pupil’s Activities – State some characteristics of honesty and hard work.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. suggest ways of impacting values.
2. suggest ways they can add value through honesty.