Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME: FOOD AND NUTRITION
TOPIC: Deep Frying Method of Cooking Plantain
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- Discuss the process of deep frying method of Plantain.
- cook plantain using deep frying method.
The pupils are required to already learned steaming method of cooking moi moi.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Charts showing the different cooking methods.
- Food ingredients for meal preparation.
- Cooking pot, stove, oven, frying pan, etc.
- Relevant books.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Fried Plantain is one of the easy and fast serve with bean, rice, etc.
PREPARING PLANTAIN USING DEEP FRYING METHOD
Ingredients – plantain, vegetable oil and salt.
- Wash and peel the plantain
- Cut into sizes
- Add salt
- Heat the vegetable oil
- Fry the plantain until it turns golden brown
- Serve with rice, bean, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides discussion on deep frying methods of cooking.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussions.
- Demonstrates deep frying method of cooking plantain.
- Pupil’s Activities – Practice deep frying method of cooking plantain.
- Supervises pupils practicals.
- Gives a board summary.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – frying plantain (shallow frying).
Pupils to cook using deep frying method of cooking plantain.