Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
ENGLISH STUDIES – GRAMMAR
TOPIC: Comparing Objects and People Using “same as”
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to use “same as” correctly in sentences.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
- Substitution tables.
- Course book.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Comparing objects and people using “same as”
- English text is not the same as Mathematics text
- Taiwo’s behaviour is not the same as Kehinde’s.
Ref – MacMillan Brilliant Primary English
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Provides examples which will bring out in context “same as”.
- Pupil’s Activities – Mention situations in which same as could be used.
- Guides pupils to make sentences using “same as”.
- Pupil’s Activities – Use “same as” in sentences.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to use “same as” correctly in sentences.