Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
ENGLISH STUDIES – SPEECH
TOPIC: Expressing Function of the Object
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to practice and master each of the three alternative constructions using examples from their experience.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Course book
- Suitable materials from other sources.
- Substitution tables
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
EXPRESSING FUNCTION OF THE OBJECT
Expressing functions of objects by practice and master each of the three alternative constructions using examples from their experience –
- We use a pen for writing.
- A pen is used for writing.
- We write with a pen.
The structures simple present tense in every case.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Collects object to slot in one cue. It is untidy to say for example, ‘money is used for buying books’. It is better to say, ‘we buy books with money’.
- Pupil’s Activities – Answer the question – what we use a biro for? What do we do with biro?
- Pupil’s Activities – Answer each of the above questions, varying the objects and repeating the process.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- List objects.
- Express their functions.