Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
ENGLISH STUDIES – WRITING
TOPIC: RECORD OBSERVATIONS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. Observe results of experiments events, phenomena, etc. which occur around them.
2. Write these observations correctly and accurately.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of materials and suggestions from teachers of science, agriculture, social studies and home home economics.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Learning to record observations during science lesson, on school trips, in agricultural science, social studies, etc.
Write about experiment you performed in a science lesson – formation of rainfall.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Works in cooperation with other teachers so that the recording produced in the class falls in line with the usage in each of those subjects.
Pupil’s Activities – Record in science, agriculture social studies and home economics.
3. Lets each pupil record his/her observations.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss one another’s observations.
4. Discusses the difference if there are any, and try to determine why.
5. Arranges school journeys, visits, outings (national day).
Pupil’s Activities – Record their observations during school journeys, visits and national day celebration
6. Lets pupils write their observations.
Pupil’s Activities – Work together to produce one report.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to write observation results of experiments correctly.