Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
TOPIC: Rules and Regulations
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- explain the meaning of rules and regulations.
- mention some of the gains of obeying rules and regulations.
- mention the results of disobeying rules and regulations.
- mention the rules and regulations for food and drug administration.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pupils’ textbooks.
- Pictures of children receiving gifts.
- Video clips.
- Pictures of children suffering from the consequences of disobedience.
- Food and Drug packs and instructional leaflets.
- Pictures and diagrams of different foods and drugs.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
RULES AND Regulations are do’s and don’ts that guide social behaviour.
GAINS OF OBEYING RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Love by elders
- Gifts from elders and friends
- Praise, etc.
RESULTS OF DISOBEYING RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Denial of privileges such as food, playing with mates, etc.
- Rejection by loved ones.
NAFDAC – LAWS AND REGULATIONS ON FOOD AND DRUGS CONTROL e.g.
- Quality Control laws
- Laws on sale and use of foods
- Medicines and cosmetics
- Laboratory Laws
- Product Registration Laws
- Importation Laws, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Leads class discussion on the meaning of rules and regulations.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in class discussion on rules and regulations.
- Shows pictures/video clips of children receiving gifts and guides discussion on the various gains for obeying rules.
- Pupil’s Activities – Interpret the pictures on children receiving gifts and participate in discussion.
- Presents pictures of children suffering from the results of disobeying rules and regulations and leads class discussion on the pictures.
- Pupil’s Activities – Describe pictures of children suffering from the results of disobeying laws.
- Discusses the NAFDAC rules and regulations on food and drug control.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson –
- say what they are expected to do and not to do in their community.
- mention gains of obeying rules and regulations.
- mention results of disobeying rules and regulations.
- mention three rules and regulations of NAFDAC on foods and drugs control.