Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
ASEI PDSI LESSON PLAN AND NOTE ON AVERAGE SPEED
- Lesson One – Time
- Lesson Two – Speed
- Lesson Three – Average Speed
- Lesson Four – Revision/Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- find the duration between one time and another,
- find distance covered within a length of time,
- find the average speed of a moving object given the total
- distance travelled and the time taken.
Speed is vary from time to time Average Speed is distance over time. It is important to understand the rate at which a journey takes place. The concept of average speed will enable the pupils to understand and appreciate the time taken in every journey taken.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Clock face
- Stop watch
- Railway timetable
- Bus timetable
- Air timetable.
Everyday, all pupils leave home between 7.00 am (or earlier) to get to school on time. Sometimes, they come earlier. Also, come lates as well. This is because they do not taken into consideration the time taken to get to school from home.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book 5 and others
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – TIME docx
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – SPEED docx
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – AVERAGE SPEED docx
- LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – REVISION/TEST