Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – INTRODUCING VALUE IN CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Values and Improvisation II – Making Improvise Materials (Primary 4)
TOPIC: IMPROVISATION OF ART MATERIALS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
identify some materials and their alternatives.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Red mud
3. Stem for color
4. Flat edge stick for letting pen
5. Soft wood with raffia
6. Grass for brush.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Cultural and Creative Arts Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Art materials and their alternative materials are used in art for design and decoration or beautification. Sometimes, they are mixed together or used separately for the purposes of arts.
ART MATERIALS AND ALTERNATIVES
The following are the materials and their alternatives:
1. color (leaves, red mud, roots, stems, etc.)
2. lettering pen (flat edge stick)
3. brush (soft wood with raffia, grass, etc.).
Help the pupils to make the following improvised materials –
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Lists some art materials and their alterative.
Pupil’s Activities – List art materials and their alternatives.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Identify two improvise materials and their alternatives.
2. Name two similarities and characteristic of improvised materials.
3. Use and display improvised material and their output.