Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – INTRODUCING VALUE IN CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Characteristics of Value in Cultural and Creative Arts II – Why Values are Needed in Creative Work (Primary 4)
TOPIC: MEANING OF IMPROVISATION
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. explain the meaning of improvisation.
2. name some art materials and their alternatives.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
9 Red mud
9. Color from leaves.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Cultural and Creative Arts Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION (IMPROVISATION)
Improvisation is also known as alternative materials.
These are the available materials used instead of the original materials that are not available.
1. Colour (green leaves, red mud, etc.)
2. Pen (charcoal)
3. Gum (starch)
4. Brush (grass or animal skills), etc.
ART MATERIALS AND THEIR IMPROVISED ONES
LESSON TWO – MATERIALS AND THEIR IMPROVISATION (PRACTICAL)
Teacher’s Activities – Guides and allows the pupils to demonstrate the improvisation materials stated in the examples.
REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation and demonstrated by the pupils.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning of improvisation.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation and copy notes.
3. Names some art materials and their alternatives.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention some improvised materials and alternatives.
4. Assists pupils to improvise some materials.
Pupil’s Activities – Improvise some art materials.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the meaning of art.
2. name two materials that can be improvised.
3. improvise two art materials.
5. displays art materials and their improvised alternatives.