Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – INTRODUCING VALUE IN CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Values and Improvisation I – Meaning of Improvisation (Primary 4)
TOPIC: MAKING IMPROVISE MATERIALS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. name some art materials and their alternatives.
2. make some art improvised materials.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
9 Red mud
9. Color from leaves.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Cultural and Creative Arts Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MAKING IMPROVISE MATERIALS
Guides and allows the pupils to make improvise materials (in groups) for the following –
Improvise Materials – Drum Set
LESSON TWO – MATERIALS AND THEIR IMPROVISATION (PRACTICAL)
Teacher’s Activities – Guides and allows the pupils to demonstrate the improvisation materials anyone or two stated in the examples.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Names some art materials and their alternatives.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention some improvised materials and alternatives.
3. Assists pupils to improvise some materials.
Pupil’s Activities – Improvise some art materials.
4. Uses and displays improvised materials.
Pupil’s Activities – Display use and improvised materials.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. name two materials that can be improvised.
2. improvise two art materials.
3. displays art materials and their improvised alternatives.