Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: PATHOGENS, DISEASES AND THEIR PREVENTION
PREVIOUS LESSON – DISEASES PREVENTIVE MEASURES I (PRIMARY 4)
TOPIC – DISEASES PREVENTIVE MEASURES
1. The Concept of Diseases Preventive Measures
2. How to Prevent Diseases
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. Explain diseases preventive measures.
2. List at least 6 types of diseases preventive measures.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Physical and Health Education Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Diseases Preventive Measures are necessary steps taken to prevent the spread of diseases and from contacting these diseases.
DISEASES PREVENTIVE MEASURES
Some of these steps are:
1. Good hygiene
3. Good ventilation
4. Health education
7. Enough rest
Teacher’s Activities – Guides and allows pupils to demonstrate some of the diseases preventive measures.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 8 ASSESSMENT (TEST)
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains disease preventive measure;
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to teacher’s explanation on diseases preventive measures.
3. Leads pupils to list diseases preventive measures;
Pupil’s Activities – List ways of preventing disease.
4. Questions and answers;
Pupil’s Activities – Listen, ask and answer questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Explain disease preventive measure.
2. List 6 diseases preventive measures.