Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
- Lesson One – Introduction to Capacity
- Lesson Two – Arrange Containers Based on their Capacities
- Lesson Three – Comparing Capacity
- Lesson Four – Lesson Evaluation
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- identify and name objects that could be used for measuring capacity e.g. cups, empty containers, buckets etc.
- arrange containers based on their capacities.
- compare capacity of containers.
Liquids have no regular shape. The volume is calculated by the capacity of the container they are held in. Capacity is the measure of the amount of liquid in a container. The concept of capacity will enable pupils to understand and appreciate the identify and name objects used for measuring capacity, arrange and compare containers based on their capabilities.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Empty containers
- Tins, etc.
There are different types of containers – small, medium and large. Containers such as spoons, cups, water bottles, etc. are used at home and in the school. These containers are used for the pupils based on their needs.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book 2
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – Complete the statements below using ‘holds more’ or ‘hold less’. The first one is done for you.