Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
- Lesson One – Comparing area of objects and shapes
- Lesson Two – Arranging area of objects and shapes in order of size
- Lesson Three – Comparing area of shapes by counting squares
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- compare areas of surfaces.
- arrange area of objects/shapes in order of size.
- find and compare area of shapes by counting squares.
The mathematical term ‘area’ can be defined as the amount of two dimensional space taken up by an object. The use of area has many practical applications in building, farming, architecture, science, and even deciding how much paint you need to paint your bedroom or how much rug you’ll need to cover the rooms in your house.
In the lesson, the concept of area will enable the pupils to understand and appreciate the importance of area in comparing the space taken by two or more shapes (objects).
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of plane shapes (triangles, squares, rectangles and circles and other surfaces.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book 6
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES