Last Updated on July 19, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – THIRD TERM EXAMINATION
TOPIC: COMPUTER SYSTEM
1. Meaning of Computer System
2. Components of Computer Studies
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. Explain the term, ‘computer system’.
2. Mention the component of computer system.
The pupils are required to already have learned micro computer size.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
functional computer system.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTION – MEANING OF COMPUTER SYSTEM
computer as an electronic machine that accepts data as input, processes the data and gives out information.
PARTS OF COMPUTER SYSTEM
COMPONENT OF COMPUTER SYSTEM
There are three major components of a computer system –
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Presents random parts of computer system for pupils identification.
Pupil’s Activities – Identifying parts of computer.
3. Leads the pupils to describe uses of different parts of computer system.
Pupil’s Activities – Describe uses of different parts of computer system.
4. Guides pupils to use keyboard (input), system unit (process) and printer (output) and explain the meaning of computer.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain the meaning of computer.
5. Lists the three components of computer system.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention all components of computer system.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
1. Define a computer system.
2. Mention 5 parts of computer system.
3. Mention 3 components of computer system.