Last Updated on July 19, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – COMPONENTS OF COMPUTER SYSTEM
TOPIC: COMPUTER USERS
1. Review of Computer System and Its Components
2. Meaning of Computer Users
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. Explain the term, ‘computer system’.
2. Mention the component of computer system.
3. Define computer users.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
functional computer system.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTION – COMPONENTS OF COMPUTER STUDIES
There are three major components of a computer system –
3. Computer users
COMPUTER USER OR HUMAN WARE
Computer users are also known as human ware. They are human beings that use the computer system.
CATEGORIES OF COMPUTER USERS
There are different categories of computer users,
1. Computer Teachers
2. Computer Engineers
3. Computer Operators
4. Computer Programmers
5. Computer Managers
6. Computer Analysts
7. Computer Librarians
8. Computer Policy makers
9. End Users
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses the computer Users with the pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Define computer system.
3. Discusses different categories of computer users with the pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify different computer users.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
1. __________________________ is a human being that use the computer system.
2. __________________________ is the component of computer system that can be touch and see.
3. __________________________ is the component of computer system that cannot be touched but seen on the computer monitor.
4. Differential between hardware and software.
5. Mention 5 components of Computer hardware.
6. Mention 2 types of computer software.