Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – MODELING – PAPER MACHE
TOPIC – INTRODUCTION TO MUSIC
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- know sources of music sound.
- define music/noise.
- differentiate between noise and music.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of tables and chairs, wooden clapper, teaching charts.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTION TO MUSIC
Music is a written signs representing vocal or instrumental sound.
SOURCES OF MUSIC SOUND
- Nature (breeze)
HIGHLIGHT DIFFERENCES BETWEEN NOISE AND MUSIC
Music is an organised sound. It is the combination of sound that is pleasant to the ear.
Noise is unorganized sound that is not pleasant to the ear.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains the term music.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen to teachers definition and writes it down in the notebook.
- Guides pupils to sound production using table. hand clapping, stamping of feet etc.
- Pupil’s Activities – Clap in rhythm in an organised manner.
- Guides the pupils in listing other sources of sound apart from musical instrument.
- Pupil’s Activities – List other source of sound.
- Defines and differentiates between noise and music.
- Produces musical sounds for pupils to appreciate and critique.
- Pupil’s Activities – Produces sound and classify them into music and noise.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Introduction to Music (contl).
1. Define music.
2. Define noise.
3. List 5 sources of sound.
4. Differentiate between noise and music.