Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – HOUSE CARE
PREVIOUS LESSON – EFFECTS OF RIGHT CHOICE AND USES ON PERSONAL APPEARANCE
TOPIC – VARIOUS FUNCTIONAL ROOMS IN A HOUSE
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- Identify various rooms in a house.
- Identify the uses of various rooms in a house.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of various functional rooms in a house.
- Pictures of uses of various rooms in a house.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
A room is a space occupied in a house.
VARIOUS FUNCTIONAL ROOMS IN A HOUSE
There are many rooms in a house which serves different purpose.
- Sitting room
- Dining room
- Food store
USES OF VARIOUS ROOMS IN A HOUSE
- Sitting room – To welcome and entertain guest guests in the house. It is also used for relaxation.
- Bedrooms – To rest, sleep, dress up and for keeping some personal belongings.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Presents pictures or charts of various rooms in a house.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify the various rooms in a house with the help of a teacher.
- Presents another picture showing various uses of the room.
- Pupil’s Activities – Give examples using their own homes.
- Summarize the lesson on the board.
- Copy short notes.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to attempt all the questions on the
1. A ___________________ is a space occupied in a house.
Mention 2 functional rooms in a house.
State the uses of functional rooms as discussed in today’s lesson.