Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC – The Solar System
- Lesson One – The Natural Bodies in Our Solar System
- Lesson Two – The Sun and The Planets
- Lesson Three – Gravity and Weightlessness
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- identify and name some planets in our Solar System.
- identify the components of the solar system their location and importance.
- state the relationships among the earth, sun, moon other planets and the stars.
- demonstrate that the earth exerts a pull on objects and bodies.
The Solar system is made up of the Sun, the Earth and all of the planets that move around it. The Sun’s gravitational force holds the solar system together. The earth among other planet is the only planet that supports life.
The concept of solar system will enable the pupils to understand and appreciate the Earth among other planet and give them incentives to preserve and respect our natural resources.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Picture of people in space
- Chart showing the solar system
- Paper, Glue/gum
- Balls of different sizes.
The land, the mountains, the rivers and the seas are all parts of the earth. Plants and animals are also parts of the earth. All these things, the pupils can identify.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Basic Science and Technology
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 4 – REVISION AND TEST