Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC – FRACTIONS
- Lesson One – Fraction of a group
- Lesson Two – Introduction to Fractions
- Lesson Three – Quantitative Reasoning
- Revision and Weekly Assessment
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- find 1/2 , 1/4 and 3/4 of groups of objects.
- identify like and unlike fractions.
Fractions really are everywhere! Every time we cut an apple, an orange, or any kind of fruit, we are taking a piece of the whole. We can represent those pieces as fractions. Fractions are part of a whole. That’s part of something bigger. Fractions have two numbers, a numerator (the part) and a denominator (the whole). Equivalent Fractions are equal in value. They represent the same amount of the whole.
The concept of fractions and decimals will enable the pupils understand and find fractional parts of concrete objects or shapes.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Paper cuttings of different shapes.
- Fraction charts
- Flow chart of quantitative reasoning.
- Flash cards
Sharing among members of the family is a part of daily activities. Sometimes, they equally or given part of their thing to friends or family.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES