CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – INTRODUCTION TO DRAWING
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- describe their environment.
- list the things in their environment.
- draw things observed within the environment.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Picture of the environment, trees, grasses, roads, animals, flowers, pencils, colours.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF ENVIRONMENT
An environment is the place where we live, work and do other things. Examples of environments are home environment, school environment, church environment, mosque environment, market environment and office environment.
THINGS FOUND IN THE ENVIRONMENT
- Animals, etc.
INTRODUCTION TO DRAWING
Drawing is a diagram made with a pencil, pen, or crayon rather than paint.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Lead the pupils to identify and describe their immediate environment.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify and describe their immediate environment.
- Display a drawing and asks them to state what drawing is.
- Pupil’s Activities – Explain drawing.
- Asks pupils to drawing anything of their choice.
- Pupil’s Activities – Drawing anything of their choice.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Introduction to singing
- Give the meaning of drawing.
- Draw a house.