Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
WEEK 6 – COLOURING PATTERNS USING BASIC SHAPES – CIRCLE
WEEK 7 – COLOURING PATTERNS USING BASIC SHAPES – SQUARES
THEME – ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – DESIGNING PATTERNS OF BASIC SHAPES
TOPIC – COLOURING PATTERNS USING BASIC SHAPES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- List and explain basic shapes with suitable colors.
- Explain what colours are.
- Demonstrate how to apply colour on shapes.
Draw and colour.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Diagram or chart showing shapes
- Colour pens or water colour
- Drawing paper
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Guide the pupils to identify and state basic or common colours – red blue, yellow and red.
USING COLOUR ON SHAPES – CIRCLES OR SQUARES
Guide the pupils to colour the above shapes.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides the pupils to identify and state the basic or common colours.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify and state the basic or common colours.
- Guides and demonstrates how to colour basic shapes.
- Pupil’s Activities – Colour different basic shapes.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to colour different types of shapes.