Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – INTRODUCTION TO CRAFT MAKING
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- identify more types of craft.
- identify materials for craft making.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Paper, Glue, Scissors, Coloured Pencils, Fabric Scraps, Pieces of Wood, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book – Cultural and Creative Arts Week
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF CRAFT
Craft is an activity that involves special skill of making things by hand. It is also the making of useful things like beads, decorations, hand fans, crown, embroidery, etc.
TYPES OF CRAFT
The types of crafts are:
- paper craft
- fabric craft
- woven craft
Materials FOR CRAFT MAKING
- Get a paper or cardboard, guide to make hand or craft.
- You can also get a tread and some straw with different colours , cut the straw into smaller pieces and guide the pupils to make beads.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains further what crafts are.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the explanations.
- Explains other types of crafts.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify types of crafts.
- Displays some materials for craft making.
- Observe displayed materials for craft making.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Designing Patterns of Basic
- state the meaning of crafts.
- identify 3 types of crafts.
- identify some materials for making crafts.