CRN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
BASIC 7/JSS 1
Answer all Questions
1. The area of home economics that deals with using what the family has to get what it needs is called _______________.
(b) home knowledge
(c) home care
(d) home management
2. All the following are true except _______________.
(a) wise buying-consumer
(b) family relation-family living
(c) furniture-interior decoration
(d) textile-child care
3. One of the following is not a member of the group.
4. A social worker provides help to families with _______________.
(d) no children
5. The organ for testing is the _______________.
6. Which of the following is also important for balance?
7. Sweat is produced in the skin by _______________.
(b) sweat pore
(c) sweat gland
(d) oil glands
8. The set of teeth located in the centre of the front of the jaw are the ………………
9. All are structure of nails except _______________.
(a) nail crescent
(b) nail plate
(c) nail bed
(d) nail table
10. The nose consists of muscles, skin and _______________.
11. One of the following does not belong to the group.
12. It is best to brush the teeth _______________.
(a) away to the gum
(b) away on the gum
(c) away from the gum
(d) towards the gum
13. Which of the following is not a skin injury?
14. The tool for filing and shaping the nails is _______________.
(a) nail buffer
(b) nail polish
(c) nail stick
(d) emery board
15. When the feet is constantly wet, bacteria and fungi can grow in between the toes causing _______________.
(c) athlete’s foot
(d) watery foot
16. The major centre of the body are _______________.
17. Keeping the natural balance of the body aligned is called _______________.
18. A physical or mental dependence on continued use of drug is called _______________.
19. Fatigue is _______________.
20. The act of relaxing without sleeping is …………………………………………….
21. Overwork/working too much can lead to _______________.
22. _______________ and _______________ are types of aerobic exercises.
23. _______________ and _______________ are types of foot wears.
24. Skin injury caused by _______________ is burns.
25. Comb is a material used in caring for the _______________.
Section B – Theory
Answer any four in all.
1a. List five (5) home economics subjects.
1b. State two career/job opportunities in
I. food and nutrition
II. clothing and textiles
2a. List any five (5) parts of the eye
2b. Write ten (10) parts of the human body.
3a. Write out five (5) cares of the eye.
3b. List two (2) common skin diseases
3c. _______________ is a process of caring for the hand and finger nails.
4a. There are three types of exercises. Mention them.
4b. Give one example for each type of exercise mentioned above.
4c. What is exercise?
5a. State any five reasons for the importance of rest and sleep.
5b. Mention any four (4) ways of treating fatigue.
Leave a comment.