Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
TOPIC – MEASURING THE VOLUME OF SOLID
- Lesson One – Introduction to Solids
- Lesson Two – Measuring Regular Solids
- Lesson Three – Measuring Irregular Solids
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- differentiate between solid and non solid materials.
- identify regular and irregular solids.
- measure the volume of regular solids;
- measure the volume of irregular solids.
Solids are something strong or hard. There are two (2) of solid – regular and irregular solids. Measurement is the action of measuring something. Volume is the space that is enclosed by a vessel or occupied by a substance.
The concept of measuring the volume of solid objects will enable the pupils to understand and appreciate how to measure regular and irregular solid.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Objects in the classroom e.g. cupboard, school box, books, etc.
- Metre rule
- Measuring cylinders.
The pupils can identify solid objects.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Basic Science and Technology
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – Introduction to Solids docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – Measuring the Volume of Regular Solids docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – Measuring the Volume of Irregular Solids docx
If you found something useful today, please consider a small donation.