Last Updated on March 3, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC SIMPLE MACHINE
PREVIOUS LESSON – FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
TOPIC – LOCAL GAMES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- demonstrate the skills of some local games.
- perform some local game.
Local Game – Fire on the mountain.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of playground, balls, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1- INTRODUCTION (MEANING OF LOCAL GAMES)
Local games are games that you can play individually or in groups.
These games helps kids learn to cooperate with another.
- Running in a circle/Fire on the mountain
- Rats and rabbits
- Pair games
- Cat and rabbits
- Do as I do
- Clap over your head
- Who is in the garden, etc.
ACTIVITIES 2 – PLAYING LOCAL GAMES
RUNNING IN A CIRCLE OR FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN
This is a circle game where pupils sit in a circle.
The pupils decide who to starts the game.
Let assume the one who starts the game is a boy.
The boy runs round the pupils and taps another (assume a girl).
All start singing – Fire on the mountain (Run, Run, Run) or the Yoruba’s song, Idi Ore mi Lemi o Fisi (Idi Ore mi Jalanjolo).
The girl gets up and chase the boy who just tapped her before he gets into her position.
If she catches him, the boy continues but if she doesn’t, she’ll will continue and so on.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains and demonstrates the local games to the pupils.
- Pupil’s Activities – Observe the teacher’s demonstration and Practice the skill of the local games.
- Observe the pupils and offers assistance.
- Pupil’s Activities – Play the local games.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
- demonstrate the skills involved in the local games.
- perform the local games correctly.