Last Updated on September 25, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
PREVIOUS LESSON – People to Respect in the Community and Authority (Primary 1)
TOPIC – PLACES TO RESPECT – PRIVATE AND GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Private and Government Buildings and Properties
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify private and government buildings.
Church, Bible, Mosque and Quran.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Pictures of government properties
Visit to important places, e.g. a King’s palaces, mosques, church, museum and National Assembly.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays a chart showing private and government buildings for the pupils to identify each. Listen to them and note their points on the board.
PLACES TO RESPECT – PRIVATE AND GOVERNMENT OFFICES
Respect means to admire someone, place or thing we think is important and special. Some of these places are private and government buildings and properties –
1. The places of learning – schools.
2. The government offices like secretarial, government houses, etc.
4. The private offices and properties like banks, industries, etc.
5. The Palace
6. Commercial centers like markets, banks, shopping malls, etc.
7. Our community
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads the pupils to identify private and government buildings or properties.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify private and government buildings or properties.
3. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Take the pupils to visit important places like the banks or local authorities secretarial.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
mention 5 private and government places that should be respected.