Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – RULES AND REGULATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE SCHOOL
TOPIC – REWARDS AND PUNISHMENTS OF THE SCHOOL
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to name the rewards and punishments awaiting offenders who disobey the school’s rules and regulations.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of charts showing rewards and punishments.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – DESCRIBE THE OBJECTS ON THE CHART
ACTIVITIES 2 – STATE THE USES OF OBJECT IN ACTIVITIES 1
Relate the pupils opinion to rewards and punishment.
ACTIVITIES 3 – MEANING OF REWARD AND PUNISHMENT
- Reward means giving something good behavior.
- Punishment means giving something for bad behavior.
ACTIVITIES 4 – DIFFERENT KINDS OF REWARD AND PUNISHMENT
- Rewards are gift, award, praise, etc.
- Punishment are flogging, cutting, grass, expulsion, denial, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Discusses the meaning of rewards and punishments.
- Pupil’s Activities – Say what reward and punishments means.
- Leads them to mention some rewards and some punishment of the school.
- Pupil’s Activities – Mention some rewards and punishments as directed by the teacher.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- mention two rewards and two punishments.
- mention when rewards and punishments comes in.