Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – OBJECTS THAT FLOAT ON WATER
TOPIC – OBJECTS THAT SINK IN WATER
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- identify things that sink in water.
- demonstrate how to make objects sink in water.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Piece of iron
- Cork, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFY OBJECTS THAT SINK IN WATER
Put some objects that can sink and float in/on water for the pupils to identify.
ACTIVITIES 2 – DEMONSTRATE WAYS OF MAKING SOME OBJECTS SINK IN WATER
For example, how make a floating object sink in water using sinking objects.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides pupils to identify objects that sink in water.
- Pupil’s Activities – Name things that sink in water.
- Demonstrates to pupils some ways of making objects sink in water e.g. tying a stone to a feather, cork, etc.
- Pupil’s Activities – Observe the demonstration.
- Guides class discussion on other ways of making things sink in water.
- Pupil’s Activities – Make things to sink in water.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Identification of Colour
- name three things that sink in water.
- make things to sink in water