Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – USES OF WHEELBARROW
TOPIC – USES OF HEAD PAN
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- identify a head pan.
- state the uses of a head pan.
The uses of head pan
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of charts showing a head pan.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFY HEAD PAN AMONG THE FOLLOWING SIMPLE MACHINES
ACTIVITIES 2 – STATE THE USES OF HEAD PAN
- It is used for carrying farm products.
- It is used for carrying sand.
- It is used for carrying mixed sand with cements.
- It is used for carrying other goods.
Give the pupils room to state the uses of head pan and write their point on the board.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides pupils to identify a head pan.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify a head pan.
- Leads them to know its uses on the farm.
- Pupil’s Activities – Say the uses of head pan.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to state the uses of Wheelbarrow.