Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
TOPIC – MAKING PATTERNS USING BASIC SHAPES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to make patterns using different shapes.
Basic Shapes – Circles, Triangles, Squares and Rectangles
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Diagrams of Basic shapes, Pencils, Colour Pencils, Eraser, Drawing books.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book – Cultural and Creative Arts 2
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Information – House Activities
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFY BASIC SHAPES ON THE CHART
Circle, triangle, square and rectangle.
Teacher’s remark – The mentioned shapes are also called patterns.
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 2 – COUNT THE NUMBER OF CIRCLES, TRIANGLES, SQUARES AND RECTANGLES
There are 3 circles.
There are 5 triangles.
There is only one square.
There are three rectangles.
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 3 – IDENTIFY THE SHAPES OR PATTERNS ON THE CHART
This is a house.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 4 – GUIDE THE PUPILS TO IDENTIFY EACH BASIC SHAPE THAT MADE UP OF THE HOUSE
There is a square.
There is a rectangle.
There are five triangles and parallelogram.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 5 – GUIDE THE PUPILS TO CUT AND COLOUR THE FOLLOWING BASIC SHAPES
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 6 – GUIDE THE PUPILS TO MAKE PATTERNS WITH THE CUT BASIC SHAPES
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides the pupils to identify basic shapes.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify basic shapes.
- Asks the pupils to identify patterns make with basic basic.
- Pupils Activities – Identify patterns make with basic shapes.
- Leads the pupils to identify basic shapes that made up of the pattern.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify basic shapes that made up of the pattern.
- Guides and demonstrates how to cut and make patterns.
- Pupil’s Activities – Cut and make simple patterns using basic shapes.
Pupils to produce a pattern using different shapes.