Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – PERFORMING ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – INTRODUCTION TO STORYTELLING II
TOPIC – MAKE UP A STORYLINE WITH THE THEME – SERVICE TO THE NATION
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to create or make up a short storyline based on truthfulness.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of stories in a book; Illustrations of characters in the story; Television; Video tapes and CDs
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
TEACHER’S ACTIVITIES 1 – LISTEN TO THE PUPIL’S MAKE UP STORYLINE BASED ON SERVICE TO THE NATION (FROM THEIR ASSIGNMENT)
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 2 – LEAD THE PUPILS TO IDENTIFY THE MORAL LESSONS OF THE STORY
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 3 – TELL THE PUPILS A MAKE UP STORYLINE WITH THE THEME – SERVICE TO THE NATION
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 4 – LEAD THE PUPILS TO IDENTIFY THE MORAL LESSONS OF THE STORYLINE
Allow the pupils to state the moral lesson of the story and Note their points on the board.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Listens to the pupil’s make up storyline (from their assignments).
- Pupil’s Activities – Tell a make up storyline based on service to the nation.
- Develops a story line idea on service to the nation.
- Pupil’s Activities – Follow story line idea in teacher’s story.
- Makes up short story around the idea on service to the nation.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s stories.
- Leads the pupils to identify the moral lessons of the storyline.
- Pupil’s Activities – State the moral lessons of the storyline.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to tell the stories they created individually using any one of the outlined themes – service to the nation.
Find out from your parents, a make up story based on truthfulness.