Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning and Reasons for Food preservation (Primary 6)
TOPIC: COMMON METHODS FOOD PRESERVATION
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. list common methods of preservation in locality.
2. make a list of food items that can be preserved.
The pupils are required to already have learned
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of plastic containers and samples of preserved food.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons..
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Preservation of food is the process of keeping food in good condition and from being damaged.
COMMON METHODS OF PRESERVATION
1. Sun drying
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses simple methods of persevering food.
Pupil’s Activities – List and discuss simple methods of persevering food.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. list 5 common methods of preservation in locality.
2. make a list of 5 food items that can be preserved.