Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL 1
THEME – CULTURE AND SOCIAL VALUES
TOPIC – MEANING, AGENTS AND IMPORTANCE OF SOCIALIZATION
1. Meaning of Socialization
2. Agents of Socialization
3. Importance of socialization
By the end of the lesson, the students should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. define socialization.
2. enumerate the agents of socialization.
3. mention the importance of socialization.
Friends and family
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Charts on socialization models
2. Role cards
3. Product of future wheel exercise.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Socialization is lifelong process of inheriting learning) and passing on the norms, customs and ideologies of a social group. It may provide the individual with the skills and habits necessary for participating within their own society. That’s, how culture is learned.
AGENTS OF SOCIALIZATION
The agent of socialization include:
3. Religious organizations
5. Age grade
6. Peer group
7. Clubs and societies.
IMPORTANCE OF SOCIALIZATION
This is the means by which human infants begins to acquire the skills necessary to perform as a functioning member of their society, and is the most important learning process one can experience.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the students some questions;
2. Leads a discussion on the meaning of socialization.
Pupil’s Activities – Leads a discussion on the meaning of socialization.
3. Guides and directs students to role play socialization models.
Pupil’s Activities – Guides and directs students to role play socialization models.
4. Uses futures wheel exercise to discuss the importance of socialization in our community.
Pupil’s Activities – Uses futures wheel exercise to discuss the importance of socialization in our community.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. state the meaning of socialization.
2. list some of the agents of socialization.
3. Mention the importance of socialization.