Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME: PRODUCE PROCESSING AND MARKETING
TOPIC – STOCK EXCHANGE
1. Meaning of Stock Exchange
2. Agricultural Stock Exchange
3. Importance of Stock Exchange in Agriculture
4. People Involved in Stock Exchange
By the end of the lesson, the students should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain what stock exchange is.
2. list those involved in stock exchange.
3. state the importance of stock exchange to agriculture.
Buying and Selling
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Posters and charts of agricultural stock exchange offers.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF STOCK EXCHANGE
Stock exchange is the buying and selling of shares and other securities available now and in the future.
PEOPLE INVOLVED IN STOCK EXCHANGE
Buyers are the general public who are willing to buy securities.
Sellers are the general public who are willing to sell their securities to interested and willing buyers.
3. Buyers and sellers
Buyers and sellers buy securities through brokers and sell at higher prices.
4. Farmers agent or Jobber
Farmers agent buy securities when the price is low and resell at high price later in the future.
5. Stock brokers
Stock brokers are stock agents or representatives acting on behalf of general public who are interesting in buying or selling securities.
IMPORTANCE OF STOCK EXCHANGE IN AGRICULTURE
1. Encourages investment in agriculture.
2. Encourages contract farming.
3. Wealth redistribution among farmers and interest investors.
4. Increases the quality of agricultural productivity.
5. Encourages modern agricultural equipment and implement.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the students some questions;
2. Guides classroom discussion on stock exchange in agriculture.
Guided discussion on agriculture in stock exchange.
3. Invites guest speaker from agricultural stock exchange.
Student’s Activities – Listen to the guest speaker, ask and answer questions.
4. Gives a board summary.
Student’s Activities – Copy board summary.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain stock exchange practice in agriculture.
2. mention people involved in stock exchange.
3. mention 2 benefits of stock exchange in agriculture.