Last Updated on September 17, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Duties of Security Agencies – FRSC and LASTMA (Primary 2)
TOPIC – DUTIES OF SECURITY AGENCIES
1. Identification of Security Agencies – NAFDAC and NDLEA
2. Duties of Nigerian NAFDAC and NDLEA
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify the various security agencies (NAFDAC and NDLEA) and their primary duties.
NAFDAC and NDLEA
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Charts or pictures showing NAFDAC and NDLEA.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
IDENTIFICATION OF NAFDAC NUMBERS ON COMMONLY USED PRODUCTS LIKE PURE WATER, SOFT DRINK, ETC.
Teacher’s activities – Creates activities that will lead pupils to identify NAFDAC registration on certain products. Uses the NAFDAC registration numbers to introduce NDLEA.
NAFDAC means National Agency for Food and Drug Control.
DUTIES OF NAFDAC
1. Ensure food and drug safety to deduce the prevalence of fake and substandard drugs and food substance on the market through research, policy formulation and enforcement;
2. Promote consumer awareness on the safe use of medicine;
3. Collaborate with federal and state ministries of health promotion activities.
NDLEA stands National Drug Law Enforcement Agency.
DUTIES OF NDLEA
1. Suppression of demand for illicit drugs and other substances of abuse;
2. To recover all ill-gotten wealth, acquired from proceeds of illicit drug trade;
3. To protect, enhance and maintain the image of Nigeria and Nigerians both at home and abroad;
4. To make arrest where necessary and hand such drug abuser over to the police.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides the pupils to state the primary duties of NAFDAC and NDLEA.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention the primary duties of NAFDAC and NDLEA.
3. Organise excursion visits to NAFDAC and NDLEA within their environment.
Pupil’s Activities – Visit the NAFDAC and NDLEA within their environment.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify and describe various NAFDAC and NDLEA.
2. state 5 duties of NAFDAC.
3. state 5 duties of NDLEA.