Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – ELEMENTS OF SECURITY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Duties of Security Agencies – Functions of ICPC (Primary 2)
TOPIC – DUTIES OF SECURITY AGENCIES
1. Identification of Security Agencies – KAI
2. Duties of KAI
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify the various security agencies(KAI) and their primary duties.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Charts or pictures showing KAI.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
DESCRIPTION OF KAI UNIFORM AND VEHICLE
Teacher’s activities – Listen to pupils describing the KAI uniform and van.
Teacher’s remark – The uniform and van you described are the one of the security agencies in Nigeria known as KAI.
Asks the pupils to describe the activities of KAI in Lagos.
KAI means Kick Against Indiscipline. KAI is environmental law enforcement established by Lagos State Government to monitor and enforce environmental law in the state.
DUTIES/FUNCTIONS OF KAI
1. Ensure the general cleanliness of the environment in the state.
2. Prevent the selling and cooking of food on roads or sidewalks.
3. Prevent auto mechanics from operating on roadsides.
4. Ensure that the general habit of environmental cleanliness is maintained and sustained.
5. Inform the appropriate authorities when the need to evacuate miscreants and mentally deranged people arises.
6. Prevent the erection of illegal structures on walkway, drains, pathways, road verges, medians and pedestrian bridges in the state, etc.
For more information, visit – KAI
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides the pupils to state the primary duties of KAI.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention the primary duties of KAI.
3. Organise excursion visits to the nearest KAI within their environment.
Pupil’s Activities – Visit the nearest KAI office within their environment.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify and describe KAI.
2. state 5 duties of KAI.