Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
WEEK 4 – PARTS OF THE BODY TO BE BEAUTIFIED
WEEK 5 – PRACTICAL BODY MAKEUP
THEME – CUSTOM AND TRADITION
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – BODY MAKE UP
1. Meaning of Body Makeup
2. Parts of the Body to be Beautified
2. Beautifying the Body
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. mention parts of the body.
2. identify make-up used on different parts of the body, e.g face, hands and legs.
3. beautifying parts.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Pictures of persons wearing traditional make-up materials e.g. tiro, tangele, camwood, ndon or Nzu (white chalk), kaya and kwaliya, Gazar.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Pupil’s Activities – Compare the two pictures on chart, tell me your observations.
Teacher’s Activities – Listen to pupils and links the pictures to the lesson
Body makeup are things used on our face and body to make it beautiful and attractive. Power, body cream and lipstick are commonly used.
TRADITIONAL BODY MAKEUP
Traditional body makeup are used the local materials to beautified the face and body.
PARTS OF THE BODY TO BE BEAUTIFIED
The parts of the body we beautify are –
1. The face
2. The Hands
3. The Legs
BEAUTIFYING THE BODY – PRACTICAL BODY MAKEUP
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the traditional make up materials.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to teacher’s explanation on traditional local make-up materials.
4. Mentions parts of the body to be beautified.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify parts of the body to be beautified.
5. Guides the pupils into beautifying different parts of the body.
Pupil’s Activities – Apply make-up to different parts of the body.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify three parts of the body where make-up is applied.
2. identify two materials for body make-up.