Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – GROOMING
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – EAR AND NOSE
1. Identification of Ear and Nose
2. Functions of the Ear and Nose
3. Cleanliness of the Ear and Nose
4. Materials Needed for Cleaning
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. show their ear and nose.
2. mention the functions of the ear and nose.
3. mention the materials for cleaning the ear and nose.
4. clean their ear and nose properly.
Functions of the Ear and Nose
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Materials for cleaning the ear and nose e.g. handkerchief, face towel and cotton ball.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES – FUNCTIONS OF THE EARS AND NOSE
Pupil’s Activities – Asks the pupils to – Breathe in. Breathe out. X 2
1. We breathe in with __________ and breathe out __________. Expected response – Nose.
2. Everyone show me your nose.
3. Show me your ears.
4. The ears are used for __________.
MATERIALS FOR THE CLEANING OF THE EARS AND THE NOSE
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Ask pupils, what are the materials we used for cleaning our ears and nose?
THE EARS – We use cotton ball to clean our ears.
THE NOSE – We use handkerchief to clean our nostrils.
DANGERS OF NOT CARING FOR THE EAR AND THE NOSE
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Discussion –
WAYS OF CARING FOR THE EARS AND THE NOSE
1. Cleaning After bath.
2. Cleaning with the right materials – cotton ball.
3. Ask your parents for help if you can’t.
4. Report any pain or any particles got inside your ears.
5. State away from noise.
1. Cleaning After bath.
2. Use the right materials – handkerchief or face towel.
3. Report any pain or any particles got inside your ears.
4. Stay away from dust and smoke.
5. Use nose mask in the case of dust.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Breathe in and out to demonstrate the functions of the ears and nose.
3. Displays materials for cleaning the ears and nose.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify materials for cleaning the ears and nose.
4. Discusses the dangers of sharing these personal items.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
5. Discusses the proper way of cleaning the ears and the nose.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice cleaning the ears and the nostrils.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. point their ears and noses.
2. mention two functions each of the ears and the nose.
3. mention one material for cleaning the nose.
4. state two ways of caring for the ears and the nose.