Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – GROOMING
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – CARE OF THE HAIR
1. Hair Care Materials and Tools
2. Ways of Caring Materials and Tools
3. Dangers of Dirty Hair
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state the dangers of wearing dirty hair.
2. identify hair care materials and tools.
3. state the ways of caring for the hair.
4. keep their hair clean and tidy.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Display of hair care materials and tools such as bowls, soaps, water, comb, brush, towel, hair cream/pomade.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Identification the uses of hair comb, brush and pomade
Teacher’s/Activities – Asks the pupils the uses of the items identified.
Teacher’s activities – Note the pupils points the board and also, ask them to state other materials and tools used for taking care of the hair. Guides the pupils through the following –
HAIR CARE MATERIALS AND TOOLS
1. Hair comb
2. Hair brush
3. Hair pomade
4. Hair relax
5. Hair scissor
6. Hair clipper
7. Hair spray
8. Hair shampoo
9. Hair dryer, etc.
DANGERS OF NEGLECTING THE HAIR
5. Untidy hair, etc.
WAYS OF CARING FOR THE HAIR
1. Cut your hair.
2. Wash your hair regularly.
3. Apply hair cream or pomade.
4. Avoid playing with sand.
1. Cut your hair low, otherwise do the following –
2. Comb regularly
3. Wash your hair regularly.
4. Apply the appropriate pomade.
5. Plait your hair on Weekly or monthly basis (depending on the type of hair style).
6. Cover your hair.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Display some hair care materials and tools.
3. Identify each of the hair care materials and tools.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify hair care materials and tools.
4. Demonstrate the washing and combing of the hair (ask for a volunteer).
Pupil’s Activities – Bring hair care materials and tools to class.
6. Clean hair tools after use e.g. comb and brush.
Pupil’s Activities – Wash, comb or brush their hair.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention two hair care materials and tools.
2. list two ways to keep the hair clean.
3. mention two dangers of keeping dirty hair.