Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – GROOMING
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – CARE OF THE HANDS AND FEET
1. Parts of the Hands and Feet
2. Reasons for keeping our Hands and Feet clean
3. Practical Demonstration of Washing Hands and Feet with Soap and Clean Water
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state parts of the hands and foot.
2. state for keeping our hands and feet clean.
3. state when wash the hands and feet clean.
4. demonstrate to keep our hands and feet clean.
Hands and Feet
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Tools and materials for washing hands and feet: water, soap, and a pair of scissors for trimming nails, a towel or a napkin, hand cream
2. Songs on cleanliness.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
1. We used __________ to work and carry things.
2. We used __________ walk from one place to another.
3. We used __________ to write.
4. We used __________ to play football.
5. We used __________ for washing.
6. We used __________ for plaiting.
7. Show me your hand and feet.
Teacher’s Activities – Guides the pupils to identify the parts of the hands and feet. Asks them to say – These are my hands. X4. These are my Feet. X4
PARTS OF HANDS AND FEET
1. The palm
2. The fingers
3. The finger’s nails
1. The heel
2. The ankle
3. The toes
4. The nails
REASONS FOR KEEPING HANDS AND FEET CLEAN
1. To stay healthy.
2. To handle food safety.
3. To minimise risk.
4. To prevent infection.
5. To keep everybody safe.
WHEN TO WASH HAND AND FEET
1. After visiting the toilet.
2. Before and after meals.
3. After play.
4. After working in garden.
PROPER WAYS OF CARING FOR THE HAND AND FEET
1. Washing the hands and feet regularly.
2. Wash with soap and clean water.
3. Make use of hand gloves and boots.
4. Don’t walk on bear foot.
5. Handle sharp objects with care.
6. Keep your nails clean.
7. Cut or trim your nails regularly.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Bring water, soap, scissors to class.
3. Bring chart showing hands and feet to class.
4. Demonstrates proper way of washing the hands and feet.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice washing hands and feet.
5. Advices pupils to request their parents to trim their nails for them when necessary.
Pupil’s Activities – Ask parents to keep their nails well trimmed and practice cleaning and trimming of the nails.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention two reasons for keeping the hands and feet clean.
2. mention two instances when the hands and feet could be washed.
3. demonstrate the proper way to wash the hands and feet.
4. show their well trimmed finger nails to teacher.